Home Remedy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is an colon disorder that triggers episodes of belly pain, cramping pains or bloated tummy, and diarrhoea or irregularity. Other indicators are mucous in bar stool or emotion that pan has not purged after a bowel action. People with IBS may experience full quicker than normal through meals. Several peoples get nausea, lumbar pain, frequent peeing, and problems. Although indicators are sporadic, IBS can continue to persist for many years. The main cause is unidentified, but tenderness to certain food, bowel infection, as well as stress may trigger assaults.
- Take 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks (sat isabgol) with 1/2 cup of fresh yogurt 1 hour after dinner. OR Boil 1 teaspoon of flaxseed (linseed) in a cupful of water to make a tea, and drink it at bedtime.
- If troubled by abdominal pain or bloating, take a enteric-coated capsule of peppermint oil, half an hour before a meal, three times a day. (Note: Peppermint oil may cause heartburn).
- Keep a note for few weeks during an episode of IBS to find out any possible contributory factors. Common triggers for IBS include dairy products, wheat, citrus fruits, alcohol, and coffee.
- Eat and drink slowly, and chew food thoroughly. Eat several small meals a day.
- Drink plenty of water.
- If having constipation, add more fiber to your diet, such as cereals, brown rice, fruits, and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly for 20-30 minutes a day (such as walking, cycling, or swimming) to help reduce stress and regulate the bowels.
- If stress triggers IBS, manage stress by practicing breathing exercise or meditation.
- Avoid tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid spicy and oily foods.
- Avoid gas-producing foods, such as beans, broccoli, and cabbage.
- Avoid foods high in acid, such as citrus fruit.
- If you suspect you have IBS, see your doctor. IBS isn’t something to self- diagnose.
- Symptoms do not subside or worsen after 2 weeks of above treatment.
- Develop new symptoms.